ON THIS WIKI
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Advanced Miner is a machine from IndustrialCraft2. It is the upgraded version of the Miner. The Advanced Miner is able to scan and mine ores, gems and other blocks below itself. It will mine an area of either 16x16 or 32x32, (depending on the type of scanner being used), down until it hits level 0. Unlike the Quarry it will not stop if it hits lava.
Requirements in order to run
- A power source delivering at least 128 EU/t (MV) (For example a MV Solar-Panel)
- Either an OD Scanner (16x16) or an OV Scanner (32x32)
- A redstone signal (For example a lever)
- The scanner´s internal EU-buffer and the Scanner must be completely filled up before the machine will start. In it takes about 3 700 000 EU to fill up the machine and the card.
- It is not required but highly recommended to have some sort of chest or pipe attached to the miner, to store mined items. Any side of the machine will serve as item output. If multiple chests/pipes is attached, the machine will only output to the first connected valid chest/pipe.
- The ability to blacklist or whitelist up to 15 items
- The ability to accept upgrades
- The ability to show remaining levels to mine (levels before bedrock)
- No need for a Mining Drill
- No need for mining pipes
- When whitelisting/blacklisting blocks one have to select the mined block, not the block shown in the world. Example: If a player does not want any redstone in his/her system, the player has to blacklist redstone dust, not redstone ore
- Beehives will be harvested- the player will get the bee
- The machine will not remove any liquids
- Blocks not minable with a pickaxe (e.g bedrock, cake, spawner, leaves) will not be picked up but skipped, unlike the Quarry which will destroy those blocks. This is a nice feature which allows the player to easily collect mob-spawners.
- Blacklisting items will not make the machine faster. It will still scan all the blocks, the only difference will be that the blacklisted block is not picked up
- The machine will not skip areas without blocks, unlike the Quarry.
Feed The Beast Infinity Evolved Expert Mode
Advanced Miner has no known uses in crafting.