ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Ex Nihilo|
|ID Name|| |
|Burn Time||300 ticks (1.5 Items)|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
|Required Tool||Any tool|
The Wood Barrel is a production block from Ex Nihilo (primarily of use in skyblock maps) that allows the player to create various otherwise unobtainable blocks, such as dirt, soul sand, mossy cobble, and clay, as well as being integral in allowing spawning of Blazes and Endermen.
It is available in two forms: wooden and stone, with the wooden barrel being unable to hold lava for longer than 20 seconds, turning into a lava source block and destroying the barrel if this delay is exceeded.
Resource creation abilities
- Dirt: simply add decomposable material such as leaves or rotten meat to the Barrel until full and wait.
- Witch Water: place the Barrel beside mycelium, then fill with water and wait or putting Mushroom Stew into a barrel of water.
- Soul sand: add sand to a Barrel containing witch water.
- Clay: add Dust to a Barrel containing water.
- Mossy Cobble: simply place near cobblestone, then fill with water and wait.
- Endermen, craft a Creepy Doll, then toss it in a barrel filled with Witch Water and wait.
- Blaze, craft a Angry Doll, then toss it in a barrel filled with Lava and wait.
- Slime balls: if you put milk in a barrel filled with water.
- Scented artificial hive: by placing an artificial hive in a barrel filled with seed oil.
- Water: by leaving the barrel outside in the rain
It is possible to do automation with barrels: Output is below the barrel, item input is located on top, and liquid inputs on the sides. Hoppers work fine as well as itemducts and fluiducts.